Several major additions to The Family History Guide have been posted in the last week. You can go to the What’s New section in the “More” tab at the top of the page to see all the new additions and changes.
Here is a screenshot of the newly added features list:
You can see the major addition above in the first screenshot; the new Families Section. Here is the list of the new features added in August and so far in September 2017:
- Added a new Family Activities section in the Misc. menu. Now you can find fun and educational family history activities for Family, Singles, Youth, and Children, all in one convenient place. See http://www.thefhguide.com/act-family.html to get started.
- Updated the top menus on each page, replacing the Projects menu with individual Partner menus: FS=FamilySearch, AN=Ancestry, MH=MyHeritag, and FMP=Findmypast. Now you can find Projects for any Partner directly from its menu, without having to switch contexts at the bottom of the menus.
- Updated many of the Partner pages for Ancestry, MyHeritage, and Findmypast. New Goals and Choices were added or filled in. Work is ongoing towards the end of the Beta period, on Nov. 15.
- Added links to YouTube videos on the following topics: Adoption (U.S. Research); African-American Research; Court Records (U.S.); City Directories (U.S.); Descendancy Research (LDS); Divorce Records (U.S.); DNA Testing; Emigration & Immigration (U.S. and England); Genealogy Societies (Project 6); Jewish Research; Land Records (U.S.); Military Records (U.S.); Obituaries (U.S.); Probate Records (U.S.); Revolutionary War Records (U.S.); Social Security Death Index (U.S.); World War I and II Records (U.S.)
- Added Partner pages for Ancestry, MyHeritage, and Findmypast. These include Projects, Goals, and Choices, similar to the approach used for the FamilySearch content.
- Added Learning Paths to the Home Page and revised the Projects menu to provide easy access to the Partner pages.
- Updated the Topics page to include categories for Ancestry, MyHeritage, and Findmypast.
- Created a “Favorites” section on the Home Page, featuring “About the FHG” and “For Beginners”.
- Reorganized the Intro menu for easier navigation.
- Set up a Beta program lasting until Nov. 15 for the Partner Pages and added them to the Content Review form.
The amount of information and help for genealogists being added to the website is extraordinary. Click here to visit The Family History Guide.