As the Senate defeated the “skinny” health care repeal bill this morning, AARP thanked Republican Senators Susan Collins, John McCain, and Lisa Murkowski, as well as Senate Democrats and Independents for opposing the bill.
AARP strongly opposed all of the health care repeal bills this week, because each which would ultimately have resulted in higher costs and less coverage for Americans age 50-plus.
Here are recent activities of note:
- AARP Executive Vice President Nancy LeaMond’s Statement on “Skinny” Health Care Bill Defeat
- The New York Times linked to AARP’s Letter to Senators — Health Care Debate: Obamacare Repeal Fails as McCain Casts Decisive No Vote
- ABC News — ‘Skinny’ Obamacare repeal fails in Senate vote
- The Hill — Healthcare groups blast skinny repeal, warn premiums will spike
- AARP Executive Vice President Nancy LeaMond’s Statement on “Skinny” Health Care Bill
Keep current with AARP’s work:
- Follow us on Twitter @AARPMedia,
- Check out the AARP Media Room and
- Read the AARP Media Relations Blog